Beautycounter

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Almost 2 months

Jones is almost two months old and it's just crazy to me that I'm a mother.  It still feels very surreal.  He is my little buddy.  His personality is coming out more and more every day.  He's smiling consistently now, usually in the mornings.  I actually have to fight back tears when he does it because it's so adorable.  I don't want him to think that when he smiles people cry so while crying happy tears I smile and give him lots of kisses.  I'm sure I will stop crying and/or tearing up at some point, but I can't help it!

I'm enjoying my days with him and hope I can continue to get work done even when he starts to sleep less during the day.  Farmie has mentioned hiring a nanny to be here in the home so I can focus on work, but I don't really want that right now.  I enjoy being in the house with him alone and I've been able to work around his sleeping schedule just fine.  Sometimes still in my pjs...

Almost 2 months in I feel like Farmie and I are getting adjusted finally too.  He didn't make a therapist appointment, but we've had a few more heart to heart chats.  I've also stopped tolerating the complaining about how our life has changed.  I just started saying sarcastically, "Yes, I'm fully aware that you hate your life right now." or "Yes, I know we have so much to complain about.  Life is terrible."  I don't necessarily think sarcasm is always the way to go, but in this case I just don't know what else to do.  I took the listening approach for a while and that didn't seem to help.  Then I tried to point out all the things we have to be grateful for, but now I just don't care anymore.  I'm not going to let him complain and think it's okay.  It's annoying and I guess I've just started responding as if he's a bratty teenager.  In our heart to hearts I've explained to him how his attitude towards the baby/parenting is disappointing and sad to me.  I told him that focusing on what we no longer have is not the way to live and that it's not going to change anything.  I've had the "we are blessed" conversation more times that I can count.  In the end, his shitty attitude at this point is his problem and I'm no longer going to buy into the woe is me crap.  Either way, he seems to be better and has really been trying to help more and ask if there's anything he can do for me.  Let's hope we're past it.

Jones is sleeping more so I've been able to get up and going earlier which has made it so that I can make it to lunch with Farmie.  Maybe that has helped as well.  Plus, Saturday will be our first date night.  My in-laws are watching the baby and we plan on going to dinner and a movie.  Although, I may request that I have a couple hours to myself Saturday for some me time (shopping).  I've only been away from the baby for a two hour period once so it might be nice to go shopping and not have to be concerned about him waking up or having to watch the clock for when he was fed last.  Looking forward to the weekend.

2 comments:

Lanie said...

Lol. I love how you've just changed how you put up with Farmie rather than trying to change him. :)

Sounds like things are getting better, sounds about right! So happy for you!

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

Have fun this weekend! Shopping and a date sounds like the perfect plan! It's good to hear that Farmie is getting more adjusted and I loved when you said he is like a bratty teenager...I feel the exact same way somedays! lol!