Beautycounter

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Best Brand of Diapers & Baby Wipes


I researched diapers a lot before Jones was born and I was hoping that I would be able to use a diaper with the least amount of chemicals as possible.  But I had a lot of concerns.  I was worried that the fact that I wanted diapers that were more natural would mean that they wouldn't work as well.  In my mind why would any of the companies use chemicals when they weren't necessary...?  But apparently they just do.

I researched online and had decided that we would use Seventh Generation diapers.  The reviews seemed to be pretty good and I liked the company's overall stance that none of their diapers contain fragrances, inks, petroleum-based lotions or chlorine processing.  When we were in the hospital the staff used Pampers and we had been given some Huggies Natural Care diapers.  I decided to use those up first before breaking into our stash of Seventh Generation diapers.  That was a mistake.  Jones developed a rash and it lasted for a good week.  I talked to the Dr about it during his circumcision and he just told me to continue putting diaper cream on it.  I decided to stop with the other diapers and switch to Seventh Generation and it cleared up almost immediately.

The diapers are very soft and extremely absorbent.  Since I had such good luck with the diapers I decided to use the Seventh Generation wipes and I love them too.  Jones hasn't had any type of rash at all since I've been using this brand.

When I find something I like I stick with it so I ordered Seventh Generation laundry detergent and dish soap too :)

I've ordered all of these products from Amazon through the subscribe and save option.  When you sign up for free you save 20% on your deliveries and it's free shipping.   I've also found that the local prices are higher in the stores plus they don't always have the size we need.  So this made it easy and it's just an automatic delivery to our house every month.

Hopefully, this is helpful to someone!  I would have saved some money and avoided a nasty rash for the baby if I had known what I know now.

1 comment:

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

This is great to know! I always feel the whole diapers thing confusing! (not that we have to worry about it yet but here and there I do some research!)